Download a course guide
Get advice on this course
Project Management is a distinct professional discipline, having its own body of knowledge, skills, tools and techniques. It involves managing a project from inception to completion and the successful attainment of the project objectives. It provides the opportunity to gain the understanding, knowledge and skills necessary for performing the role of project manager. This course adopts a generic approach to project management and is applicable to any project in industries such as construction, engineering, education, health, commerce, information technology and research and development.
At the completion of this course students will be able to:
- describe and apply the principles, concepts, tools, techniques and processes of project management
- think critically and reflectively to analyse project management problems and issues and generate practical effective solutions to facilitate project success
- source, critically evaluate and synthesise information to support comprehension and decision making in a project environment
- communicate effectively graphically, orally, and in writing, with academic, professional and community stakeholders
- use appropriate technologies for the facilitation of project management processes
- use a range of strategies that will enable continued learning
- appreciate the cultural diversity of the wider community and its impacts on project management
- conduct themselves in an ethical and professional manner; demonstrate skills in leadership,self-motivation and working in team.
Applicants for a Graduate Diploma are required to meet University academic and English language entry standards. Applicants generally require a Bachelor Degree or Graduate Certificate. Any specific course entry and completion requirements must also be met.
Specifically, applicants require a bachelor degree; or Graduate Certificate in Project Management.
Successful completion of 8 units.
This course has an exit award of the Graduate Certificate in Project Management and is an exit award to the Master of Science (Project Management).
Applications for Credit for Recognised Learning (CRL) are assessed on a case to case basis according to Curtin University policies which is available at http://policies.curtin.edu.au/findapolicy/docs/Credit_for_Recognised_Learning_Manual.pdf.
Students must be admitted in an award course of study before lodging their completed CRL application, along with all necessary documentation for a formal assessment.
To officially apply for CRL, students need to submit the CRL application form available from http://students.curtin.edu.au/administration/documents/Application_for_CRL.pdf to email@example.com along with supporting documents. Accepted documentation includes scans of the original Transcripts and/or Award Certificate; front and black; in colour; and original size. For detailed scanned documents requirements and guidelines, please visit http://courses.curtin.edu.au/course_overview/admission-requirements/scanned-documents.cfm.
For further information, please contact opencurtin.edu.au.
Eligible OUA students can access the government loan scheme known as FEE-HELP. You pay back the loan through your taxes once your income reaches a minimum threshold.
Who can access it?
- Australian citizens who will undertake, in Australia, at least one unit of study contributing to their course
- Permanent humanitarian visa holders who will be resident in Australia for the duration of their unit
- Permanent visa holders who are undertaking bridging study for overseas-trained professionals, and will be resident in Australia for the duration of their study
- Credit card (Visa and MasterCard)
- Money order
You should make cheques and money orders payable to 'Open Universities Australia' and send them to:
Open Universities Australia
GPO Box 5387
Save it for later
Make this course a favourite and add it to your OUA wishlist. You can come back to it whenever you're in My Study Centre
Ready to enrol?
Start enrolling for units
in this course now.
Got a question?
Get an answer from one of our friendly Student Advisors.