RMIT University postgraduate courses application
Welcome to our online application form for restricted courses. Before you start, check that you have read and understood the information below.
Jump straight to the application form
Prepare supporting documents
- Certified copies of academic documentation in support of eligibility requirements, including:
- Official academic transcripts, showing the units/subjects you have completed and their final grades, including the date the program was completed or the qualification awarded. Include all pages, ensuring page numbers are visible.
- Academic Testamur or Certificate of Completion.
Unofficial copies will not be accepted.
Required for all applications based on academic experience and for all academic experience listed on the application form.
If your previous course or units were undertaken at the same university you are now applying to, then you don't need to provide academic transcripts in the application. For studies done elsewhere, always include academic transcripts and certificates if you have undertaken studies/qualifications at institutions other than OUA. Please retain the actual certified copy in case the university requests it at a later date.
- Certified copies of legal documentation, including:
- Marriage certificate.
- Deed poll name change certificate.
These documents are required to show your legal name or if you have changed your name.
Please ensure your legal name is on your application form and matches all your supporting documentation.
- Certified copies of official translations of supporting documents not in English. Required for:
- All academic documentation, e.g. transcripts and certificates.
- All legal documentation, e.g, marriage, deed poll and birth certificates.
If any academic or legal document is not in English, you must provide certified copies of the non-English documents, including certified copies of the official English translations of these documents. This is for comparison purposes.
- Certified copies of English language test results, e.g. IELTS or TOEFL.
Required if your previous studies were not completed in English.
- Your curriculum vitae. Required for:
- Entry into all postgraduate courses.
- All applications based on work experience.
- A letter of reference or recommendation from your employer. Required for all applications based on work experience.
This letter must be on company letterhead, documenting length of time working for that company and duties performed.
If you are providing documentation to support work experience over a period of time and you have worked for multiple employers during that period, please provide a letter of reference for each separate employer.
A certified copy is a copy bearing the recognised mark of a Justice of the Peace, Commission of Oaths or declarations, Public Notary or a Solicitor.
Requirements of scanned documents:
Please provide scanned copies of all original academic and legal documents. Only include supporting documentation if you have undertaken studies/qualifications at institutions other than OUA or the university to which you're applying now. This application will become the property of Open Universities Australia and the university that provides the course and will not be returned. Applications will only be considered if academic records/transcripts for all courses attempted or completed are included along with the certificate of award conferred.
- Documents must be scanned at the original size.
- Applicants must ensure no portion of the document is missing (look out for page numbers).
- If the document has markings or text on both sides (e.g. a registration number) then both sides must be scanned.
- File size of any single document should not exceed 3MB.
- We cannot accept a photograph of a document.
* Required information