Lotteries Agents are salespersons who specifically deal with the sale of lottery tickets. They sell and pick up lottery tickets to be used in periodic lottery drawings. They should have strong ethical standards and excellent communication skills to encourage customers to buy tickets.
- Starting salary: $33,000 P/A Senior salary: $42,500 P/A Average salary: $38,000 P/A Wages will vary according to your level of skill, experience and employer Employment level: 17,700 as of November 2012 (Projected employment levels in 2017 of 19,900)
Average weekly hours: Average weekly hours worked for a full time Lotteries Agent is 40.4 hours
Employment by region:
The top three regions for employment as a Lotteries Agent include:
- NSW: 41.7%
- VIC: 20.9%
- QLD: 16.9%
Courses you may be interested in
- Bachelor of Communication Griffith University Level: Undergraduate Qual.: Bachelor Degree Units: 24 units More info
- Graduate Certificate in Communication Griffith University Level: Postgraduate Qual.: Graduate Certificate Units: 4 units More info
- View all courses 179 courses 11 universities 2 provider View all courses from Australia's leading universities. More info
Employment for Lotteries Agents has risen by a rate of 111.6% over the past 5 years and is expected to grow strongly through 2017.
Total employment growth over the past 5 years for male and female, employed part-time and full-time is 9,800
Gender (including full time and part time)
The percentage of males and females working full time and part time are:
- Male Full Time: 43.3%
- Male Part Time: 22.8%
- Female Full Time: 19.9%
- Female Part Time: 14.0%
Other relevant information
- Administer the sales of one or multiple lottery games to customers.
- Print or collect lottery tickets from collection points and deliver them to lottery sales points.
- Process payments from lottery ticket sales and issue appropriate amount to lottery agencies.
- Provide information on different lotteries, rules and stakes of them.
- Strategize sales and marketing techniques to promote and expand lottery sales.
- Work with lotteries to advertise high-stake lottery drawings and encourage sales.
- Coordination Skills
- Critical Thinking
- Organisational Skills
- Strong Oral and Persuasive Skills
- Time Management
Lotteries Agents typically work based on appointment schedules and times for lottery sales. They may work off of commission from lottery ticket sales and may need to travel locally to administer sales.
Professional associations / Industry information
Related jobs and job titles
- Bank Officer
- Fashion Sales Assistant
- Fast Food Sales Assistant
- Pharmacy Sales Assistant
- Retail Manager
- Sales Assistant