Date published: 21 November 2012
As part of our continual improvement process, Open Universities Australia is pleased to announce that from Tuesday 27 November My OUA will be replaced by My study centre.
My study centre has been created with students in mind and incorporates many features that have been suggested through feedback. Here's just a sample of the new features:
- Introducing Study buddies. You can now find other OUA students studying the same course or unit when you search by names, courses or interests or even better, allow other enrolled students to find you when you update your profile settings from private to public. Students will only see your first name, last name, city, state and country
- Interact with your study buddies on our chat messaging tool and get messages updated in real time, as well as participate in group chats and search through past conversations
- Receive automatic notifications when you sign in and stay informed about upcoming study dates and items relating to your enrolment
To use My study centre, simply follow these 3 steps:
- Sign in to My study centre and click on the "Update my profile" link in the blue right hand column
- Select "Privacy" from the left menu bar
- Update your settings to "Yes" then hit the save changes button to confirm your changes
Remember, My study centre will launch on 27 November. Stay tuned for further updates.