Studying through OUA
- How do I know if I'm ready? Take our online readiness quiz to find out how to get ready for online study.
- Are there prerequisites? Most of our first level undergraduate units have no entry requirements, so anyone can start studying!
- Will study fit into my life? As an online student, you can study any time anywhere, and opt into and out of study as life demands.
- Choose from over 1700 units and 180 courses, provided by over 20 of Australia's leading universities and TAFEs.
- Study in a range of areas, including Arts & Humanities, Business, Education, Health, IT, Law & Justice and Science & Engineering!
- Achieve a nationally recognised undergraduate, postgraduate or TAFE qualification.
- Wet your toes with one or two units or dive into a degree - the choice is yours!
- Fit your learning around your life by starting in any one of OUA's four study periods.
- Units typically require 10-12 hours of study each, per week
- Study part time with a single unit, take a break when you need, or load up to four units to fast track your degree - you can progress as slowly or as quickly as you like.
- Simply add your units to your Study Cart and then complete the four-step process - you can do it all online
- Access the same levels of financial assistance as on-campus students, including FEE-HELP, VET FEE-HELP, HECS-HELP, Youth Allowance and Austudy.
- Pay online using financial assistance or credit card, or offline using cheque or money order - whatever suits you.
- Start ticking things off your checklist! Use our interactive Study Tracker to ensure you get everything done that you need to do before your study period starts, like finding your textbooks.
- Keep an eye out - we'll be emailing you as your studies approach, and your study materials will arrive in week one of your study period.
- Get free support, including confidential counselling, help with assignments, disability support and our student community.
A day in the life
- At OUA, we don't have a typical student, meaning that every student's day is different.
- Aged between 13 and 94, our students log in from nearly 200 countries, proving that you can study online anytime, anywhere.
- While some choose to study a single unit and others tackle an entire degree, all fit their study around their lives, careers, geographical locations and family commitments.