One of the benefits of studying online is that you can study anywhere. However, there are times when you might need to attend an exam, on-campus placement or workshop.
To ensure that everyone has access to study, we offer travel subsidies to help students meet the costs of compulsory travel.
Examinations travel subsidy
If you are required to travel more than 100 kilometres from your home address to reach your nearest OUA exam venue, you might be eligible for a $100 Examinations travel subsidy.
The Examinations Travel Subsidy awards $100 for each examination.
To apply for this travel subsidy, please complete the application form below, including a copy of your confirmed OUA Exam Services timetable, dated after the deadline to change or nominate your exam venue according to Exams key dates.
To view your Timetable, sign in to My study centre, go to My courses and units and select the Book exam link.
Attendance travel subsidy
If you are required to travel more than 20km from your home address to attend an on-campus placement, practicum, workshop or seminar, you may be eligible for an Attendance travel subsidy.
- Bachelor of Education
- Bachelor of Arts (Librarianship and Corporate Information Management)
- Graduate Diploma in Education
- Graduate Diploma in Information and Library Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Records Management and Archives
- Juris Doctor
- MBA (Executive)
- Master of Social Work
- Students living 20 - 100 km from their attendance location can receive $50 per year
- Students living more than 100 km from their attendance location can receive $200 per year
- Associate Degree in Engineering
- Bachelor of Science
- Graduate Diploma in Rural Science
- Postgraduate Diploma in Energy and Environment
- Graduate Diploma in Extractive Metallurgy
- Science students living 20 - 100 km from their attendance location can receive $50 per Study Period or Session
- Science students living more than 100 km from their attendance location can receive $200 per Study Period or Session
Apply by completing the Attendance travel subsidy application form below.
Travel subsidy eligibility
- Only Australian citizens residing and travelling in Australia are eligible for travel subsidies.
- Students must be enrolled in the unit requiring travel when applying for the subsidy.
- Funds will be forwarded to the student after the Census Date in the Study Period or Session of travel.
- A subsidy cannot be provided for units already completed.
- Students must provide supporting documentation if requested by the Scholarship and Awards Officer.