Not sure where to start?
- Is online study right for me?
- Why OUA?
- What should I study?
- How does it work?
- How do I enrol?
Discover what's involved in studying through OUA.Find out more
Level of study: What does Undergraduate Level 3 mean?
Undergraduate Level 3
EFTSL: What does EFTSL mean?
Delivery Method: What does delivery method mean?
Availability: What is a Study period?For enrolment (2012): For forward planning* (2013): What is Forward Planning?
- Domestic student fee:
- $1,039.00 (AUD)
- HECS student fee:
- $1,006.00 (AUD)
- International student fee:
- $1,264.00 (AUD)
This unit introduces you to a range of multivariate statistical techniques, such as multiple regression and factor analysis, with a user friendly, non-mathematical approach. The focus is on interpretation of the statistics. It is assumed that you will already be familiar with bivariate regression, the analysis of variance, and with the statistical package SPSS before commencing this unit. As this unit builds heavily on previous statistical skills the pre-requisite will be strictly enforced.
Please note: Assessment values are indicative only; details will be advised at the start of the unit.
You must have successfully completed the following unit(s) before starting this unit:
If you have completed equivalent study at another university, please contact a Student Advisor for advice.
- Assignments — (15%-25%)
- Invigilated Exam — (55%-65%)
- Test — (15%-25%)
At the completion of this unit students will be able to:
- make a clear statement of the objectives of a study
- prepare data for analysis using appropriate data screening techniques
- analyse the data using appropriate multivariate statistical techniques
- interpret the results and write a concise, informative report.
This unit addresses the following topics.
|1||Review of bivariate regression, data screening and data transformation|
|4||Other multivariate technique (MANOVA or ANCOVA or Log-linear Modelling) [MANOVA for psychology major]|
This unit is delivered using the following methods and materials:
Print based materials
- Welcome Letter
- Printable format materials
This unit is a core requirement in the following courses:
This unit is an approved elective in the following courses:
This unit may be eligible for credit towards other courses:
- Many undergraduate courses on offer through OUA include 'open elective' where any OUA unit can be credited to the course. You need to check the Award Requirements on the course page for the number of allowed open electives and any level limitations.
- In other cases, the content of this unit might be relevant to a course on offer through OUA or elsewhere. In order to receive credit for this unit in the course you will need to supply the provider institution with a copy of the Unit Profile in the approved format, which you can download here. Note that the Unit Profile is set at the start of the year, and if textbooks change this may not match the Unibooks textbook list.
Have a question? Give us a call.