Advanced Health Informatics
Not sure where to start?
- Is online study right for me?
- Why OUA?
- What should I study?
- How does it work?
- How do I enrol?
Discover what's involved in studying through OUA.Find out more
To enrol in this unit, you must be accepted into a course from the provider.
Read before you start
Level of study: What does Postgraduate mean?
EFTSL: What does EFTSL mean?
Delivery Method: What does delivery method mean?
Availability: What is a Session?For enrolment (2012):
- Sess 2
- Sess 2
Government loans available:
- Domestic student fee:
- $2,325.00 (AUD)
- International student fee:
- $2,550.00 (AUD)
Application of systems theory to health informatics, including the examination of geographical and international issues. Application of leadership and team building theory in a health informatics setting. The development and implementation of health informatics policy. Business case development for organizational change.
You are recommended to have completed the following unit(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this unit:
- Assignment — Health informatics policy (40%)
- Case Study — Business case (40%)
- Mid-study period test (20%)
At the completion of this unit students will be able to:
- critically analyse current health informatics concepts to generate innovative solutions
- justify the implementation of an information system to support a health outcome
- apply leadership and team building theory
- formulate and implement a health informatics policy
This unit addresses the following topics.
|2||Business case development|
|3||Organisational change & informatics|
|4||Teams in health informatics|
|5||Health informatics standards|
|6||Health informatics policy|
This unit is delivered using the following methods and materials:
- Resources and Links
Textbook information for this unit is currently being updated and will be available soon. Please check back regularly for updates. Alternatively, visit the Unibooks website and enter the unit details to search for available textbooks.
This unit is an approved elective in the following courses:
- Graduate Diploma in Health Industry Management, Curtin University
- Master of Health Industry Management, Curtin University
This unit may be eligible for credit towards other courses:
- Many undergraduate courses on offer through OUA include 'open elective' where any OUA unit can be credited to the course. You need to check the Award Requirements on the course page for the number of allowed open electives and any level limitations.
- In other cases, the content of this unit might be relevant to a course on offer through OUA or elsewhere. In order to receive credit for this unit in the course you will need to supply the provider institution with a copy of the Unit Profile in the approved format, which you can download here. Note that the Unit Profile is set at the start of the year, and if textbooks change this may not match the Unibooks textbook list.
Have a question? Give us a call.