CHCORG303B - Participate Effectively in the Work Environment
Get your questions answered
- Is online study right for me?
- Why OUA?
- What should I study?
- How does it work?
- How do I enrol?
Discover what's involved in studying through OUA.Find out more
Level of study: What does Vocational Education, Training mean?
Vocational Education, Training
EFTSL: What does EFTSL mean?
Delivery Method: What does delivery method mean?
Prerequisites: What are the prerequisites?
Government loans available:None
Domestic student fee:
International student fee:
This unit describes the knowledge and skills required to work effectively as an individual and in work groups to contribute to achievement of organisation objectives.
- Broadband access
- Other special requirement — Participate in paid or voluntary work & Police Certificate + Work with Children Check
At the completion of this unit students will be able to:
- contribute to the effective operation of the workgroup
- review and develop own work performance
- work cooperatively with others
- contribute to the development of policies, practices and structures of an organisation
This unit addresses the following topics.
|1||Identify own job responsibilities and their contribution to service delivery|
|2||Work within defined job role and responsibilities|
|3||Seek assistance and direction and obtain as required|
|4||Work in a manner that complements that of others according to policies and rules of workplace practice|
|5||Complete activities to standard expected in workplace|
|6||Carry out set tasks in a positive and courteous manner|
|7||Identify resources needed to carry out own work duties|
|8||Deal with shortages or resources according to organisation practices|
|9||Keep work area well organised and safe in accordance with relevant standard/policies|
|10||Monitor own work according to requirements for job quality and customer service|
|11||Plan work activities to achieve individual objectives and organisation expectations|
|12||Report to supervisor when work requirements are unable to be met|
|13||Clearly communicate to supervisor/appropriate person, need for additional support to improve performance|
|14||Report need for training to supervisor, as required|
|15||Undertake training as appropriate|
|16||Take opportunities for support and supervision as required|
|17||User problem solving when necessary so work is completed according to organisation policies and practices|
|18||Demonstrate respect for different roles and responsibilities|
|19||Demonstrate understanding and application of the value of cultural differences and diversity when working with others|
|20||Identify and show respect for different roles and responsibilities|
|21||Behave appropriately in the workplace, in a manner likely to promote cooperation|
|22||Share information with others in order to complete set activities|
|23||Report conflicts in the workplace to supervisor|
|24||Report concerns regarding administrative policies, practices and procedures to supervisor|
|25||Report concerns regarding job responsibilities|
|26||Provide information, ideas and suggestions to supervisor when requested|
|27||Participate in staff meetings/working groups, if required|
This unit is delivered using the following methods and materials:
- Discussion Forum/Discussion Board
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Web links
Textbook information for this unit is currently being updated and will be available soon. Please check back regularly for updates. Alternatively, visit the Unibooks website and enter the unit details to search for available textbooks.
This unit is an approved elective in the following courses:
This unit may be eligible for credit towards other courses:
- Many undergraduate courses on offer through OUA include 'open elective' where any OUA unit can be credited to the course. You need to check the Award Requirements on the course page for the number of allowed open electives and any level limitations.
- In other cases, the content of this unit might be relevant to a course on offer through OUA or elsewhere. In order to receive credit for this unit in the course you will need to supply the provider institution with a copy of the Unit Profile in the approved format, which you can download here. Note that the Unit Profile is set at the start of the year, and if textbooks change this may not match the Unibooks textbook list.
Have a question? Give us a call.