CHCPR509A - Gather, Interpret and Use Information About Children
Not sure where to start?
- Is online study right for me?
- Why OUA?
- What should I study?
- How does it work?
- How do I enrol?
Discover what's involved in studying through OUA.Find out more
To enrol in this unit, you must be accepted into a course from the provider.
Read before you start
Level of study: What does Vocational Education, Training mean?
Vocational Education, Training
EFTSL: What does EFTSL mean?
Delivery Method: What does delivery method mean?
Availability: What is a Study period?For enrolment (2012): For forward planning* (2013): What is Forward Planning?
Government loans available:
VET FEE-HELP VET FEE-HELP
- Domestic student fee:
- $663.00 (AUD)
- International student fee:
- $888.00 (AUD)
This unit covers workers who are responsible for day-to-day running of a before and after school care and/or vacation care service, including planning, implementing and managing programs which address licensing, accreditation and duty of care requirements.
You cannot enrol in this unit if you have successfully completed any of the following unit(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
- CHCPR509A — Gather, Interpret and Use Information About Children
- Broadband access
- Includes Placement
- Other special requirement — Provide an email address
- Assessment — Workbook - Self Paced
- Assignments — Electronic Assignments
- Journal — Reflective Journal Entries
- Online Discussion
- Participation — Participation in Tutorials
- Placement — Volunteer or Paid Employment
At the completion of this unit students will be able to:
- gather and document detailed information about the child
- monitor children’s developmental progress and develop understanding of individual children
- use information from observations with others
- use information to plan the program
- design observation systems with others
This unit addresses the following topics.
|2||Methods of documenting observations|
|3||Child developmental aspects|
|4||Working with other service|
|5||Assessment and monitoring of play and social interactions|
|6||Monitoring and interpreting behaviour|
|7||Implementing inclusive principles|
This unit is delivered using the following methods and materials:
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Chat rooms
- Discussion Forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Standard Media
- Web links
Textbook information for this unit is currently being updated and will be available soon. Please check back regularly for updates. Alternatively, visit the Unibooks website and enter the unit details to search for available textbooks.
This unit is a core requirement in the following courses:
This unit may be eligible for credit towards other courses:
- Many undergraduate courses on offer through OUA include 'open elective' where any OUA unit can be credited to the course. You need to check the Award Requirements on the course page for the number of allowed open electives and any level limitations.
- In other cases, the content of this unit might be relevant to a course on offer through OUA or elsewhere. In order to receive credit for this unit in the course you will need to supply the provider institution with a copy of the Unit Profile in the approved format, which you can download here. Note that the Unit Profile is set at the start of the year, and if textbooks change this may not match the Unibooks textbook list.
Have a question? Give us a call.