CHCEDS507A - Research an Education Issue
Not sure where to start?
- Is online study right for me?
- Why OUA?
- What should I study?
- How does it work?
- How do I enrol?
Discover what's involved in studying through OUA.Find out more
To enrol in this unit, you must be accepted into a course from the provider.
Read before you start
Level of study: What does Vocational Education, Training mean?
Vocational Education, Training
EFTSL: What does EFTSL mean?
Delivery Method: What does delivery method mean?
Prerequisites: What are the prerequisites?
Availability: What is a Study period?For enrolment (2012): For forward planning* (2013): What is Forward Planning?
Government loans available:None
- Domestic student fee:
- $589.00 (AUD)
- International student fee:
- $814.00 (AUD)
This unit deals with the skills and knowledge required by education support workers to carry out research activities, analyse collected data and produce reports.
- Assignment — Assignment Questions (50%)
- Placement — Workbooks (30%)
- Project — Document (20%)
At the completion of this unit students will be able to:
- determine the research question and requirements
- develop a research strategy
- conduct and manage research activities
- evaluate research outcomes
- document research processes and outcomes
- disseminate research results and reports.
This unit addresses the following topics.
|1||In consultation with relevant staff, define research brief or problem according to education organisation requirements|
|2||Frame and clearly articulate the research question or topic using key issues and support it with relevant information|
|3||Validate and document research requirements with relevant staff|
|4||Identify and evaluate suitable research strategies for use in the project|
|5||Identify sources of information|
|6||Develop project plan according to organisation's ethical and legal requirements and in consultation with relevant staff|
|7||Determine risk management strategies|
|8||Incorporate recording processes and data management into the project plan|
|9||Process the research plan for approval according to organisation guidelines|
|10||Conduct research methods and activities according to the research plan|
|11||Access resources to support the research according to organisation policy and procedure|
|12||Monitor research activities and implement changes to the project plan where necessary after appropriate approval|
|13||Analyse and interpret incoming data according to research strategy|
|14||Determine and document research outcomes according to organisation requirements|
|15||Organise research data according to the approved research strategy|
|16||Structure research outcomes to answer questions posed in the research brief or problem|
|17||Highlight and summarise specific issues and important additional findings|
|18||Discuss research outcomes with key stakeholders and make adjustments to findings based on the feedback|
|19||Summarise research procedures and outcomes in format acceptable to the education organisation and academic standards|
|20||Store research documents as required by the organisation|
|21||Submit research reports and findings to the relevant authorities for action|
|22||Identify processes for dissemination and seek approval from relevant authorities|
|23||Implement protection of organisation's intellectual property as required by organisation and any relevant legislation|
This unit is delivered using the following methods and materials:
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Chat rooms
- Discussion Forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Standard Media
- Streaming Multimedia
- Web links
This unit is an approved elective in the following courses:
This unit may be eligible for credit towards other courses:
- Many undergraduate courses on offer through OUA include 'open elective' where any OUA unit can be credited to the course. You need to check the Award Requirements on the course page for the number of allowed open electives and any level limitations.
- In other cases, the content of this unit might be relevant to a course on offer through OUA or elsewhere. In order to receive credit for this unit in the course you will need to supply the provider institution with a copy of the Unit Profile in the approved format, which you can download here. Note that the Unit Profile is set at the start of the year, and if textbooks change this may not match the Unibooks textbook list.
Have a question? Give us a call.