CHCEDS312A - Work with Diversity in the Education Environment
Get your questions answered
- Is online study right for me?
- Why OUA?
- What should I study?
- How does it work?
- How do I enrol?
Discover what's involved in studying through OUA.Find out more
To enrol in this unit, you must be accepted into a course from the provider.
Read before you start
Level of study: What does Vocational Education, Training mean?
Vocational Education, Training
EFTSL: What does EFTSL mean?
Delivery Method: What does delivery method mean?
Prerequisites: What are the prerequisites?
Availability: What is a Study period?For enrolment (2013): For forward planning* (2014): What is Forward Planning?
Government loans available:None
- Domestic student fee:
- $220.00 (AUD)
- International student fee:
- $470.00 (AUD)
This unit describes the knowledge and skills required for individuals without supervisory responsibilities to work effectively with diversity.
It includes recognising and valuing individual differences and working effectively with diverse clients and colleagues.
At the completion of this unit students will be able to:
- recognise and value individual differences
- work effectively with diverse students and colleagues.
This unit addresses the following topics.
|1||Explore diversity to identify attributes that may be of benefit tot he school and its community|
|2||Assist colleagues to acknowledge and use their diverse attributes to contribute to work teams, educational outcomes and delivery of services|
|3||Use work practices that are inclusive and benefit educational outcomes, community relationships and the work environment|
|4||Identify and respond to student diversity in accordance with legislation, policy and guidelines|
|5||Develop and use a range of communication styles to respect and reflect the diversity of the school|
|6||Comply with the requirements of legislation, policies and guidelines relating to workplace diversity|
|7||Seek and act upon feedback from colleagues and supervisors to continuously improve personal effectiveness in working with diversity|
This unit is delivered using the following methods and materials:
- Standard Media
This unit is a core requirement in the following courses:
This unit may be eligible for credit towards other courses:
- Many undergraduate courses on offer through OUA include 'open elective' where any OUA unit can be credited to the course. You need to check the Award Requirements on the course page for the number of allowed open electives and any level limitations.
- In other cases, the content of this unit might be relevant to a course on offer through OUA or elsewhere. In order to receive credit for this unit in the course you will need to supply the provider institution with a copy of the Unit Profile in the approved format, which you can download here. Note that the Unit Profile is set at the start of the year, and if textbooks change this may not match the Unibooks textbook list.
Have a question? Give us a call.