SITXINV002A Control and order stock
Get your questions answered
- Is online study right for me?
- Why OUA?
- What should I study?
- How does it work?
- How do I enrol?
Discover what's involved in studying through OUA.Find out more
To enrol in this unit, you must be accepted into a course from the provider.
Read before you start
Level of study: What does Vocational Education, Training mean?
Vocational Education, Training
EFTSL: What does EFTSL mean?
Delivery Method: What does delivery method mean?
Government loans available:None
Domestic student fee:
International student fee:
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to control and order stock. It requires the ability to process stock orders, maintain stock levels, minimise stock losses, manage stocktakes and maintain all documents that relate to the administration of stock.
No licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements apply to this unit at the time of endorsement.
The skills required by managers to establish and monitor cost-effective order and supply arrangements are covered in SITXINV003A Manage and purchase stock.
This unit describes a fundamental administrative function for the tourism and hospitality industries and applies to the full range of industry sectors and environments.
Stock control systems might be manual, but increasingly stock control is computerised. This unit covers the administrative control of any type of stock.
Supervisory personnel who operate with a considerable level of autonomy or under limited guidance from others would be responsible for controlling and ordering stock. They would be largely responsible for making decisions on the overall administration of stock and would be the contact person for operational staff referring any stock discrepancies.
You must have successfully completed the following unit(s) before starting this unit:
If you have completed equivalent study at another university, please contact a Student Advisor for advice.
- Audio/Visual equipment — For this unit you will take a video or series of videos of yourself undertaking a range of duties in a professional manner and within industry accepted time frames.
- Broadband access
- Includes Placement — The practical component of this unit is assessed within an industry standard operation suitable for the duties contained in this unit.
- Other special requirement — This unit requires the completion of a stocktake in an industry standard establishment. We are required to submit a logbook/timesheets verified by the manager of your participating establishment.
- Assessment — Complete all topic assessments (40%)
- Online Discussion — Post to Topic Discussions (30%)
- Performance assessment — Video Evidence (30%)
At the completion of this unit students will be able to:
- use stock control systems to administer all stock control and ordering processes fully and efficiently.
- process stock orders
- minimise stock losses
- follow up orders
- organise and administer stocktakes.
This unit addresses the following topics.
|2||Storing & Issuing Stock|
|3||About Counting Stock|
|4||Undertaking the stock take|
This unit is delivered using the following methods and materials:
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Discussion Forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Audio/Video - Streaming
- Online Assessment
- Printable format materials
Textbook information for this unit is currently being updated and will be available soon. Please check back regularly for updates. Alternatively, visit the Unibooks website and enter the unit details to search for available textbooks.
This unit is a core requirement in the following courses:
This unit may be eligible for credit towards other courses:
- Many undergraduate courses on offer through OUA include 'open elective' where any OUA unit can be credited to the course. You need to check the Award Requirements on the course page for the number of allowed open electives and any level limitations.
- In other cases, the content of this unit might be relevant to a course on offer through OUA or elsewhere. In order to receive credit for this unit in the course you will need to supply the provider institution with a copy of the Unit Profile in the approved format, which you can download here. Note that the Unit Profile is set at the start of the year, and if textbooks change this may not match the Unibooks textbook list.
Have a question? Give us a call.