SITXINV001A Receive and store stock 2013
Get your questions answered
- Is online study right for me?
- Why OUA?
- What should I study?
- How does it work?
- How do I enrol?
Discover what's involved in studying through OUA.Find out more
To enrol in this unit, you must be accepted into a course from the provider.
Read before you start
Level of study: What does Vocational Education, Training mean?
Vocational Education, Training
EFTSL: What does EFTSL mean?
Delivery Method: What does delivery method mean?
Prerequisites: What are the prerequisites?
Government loans available:None
Domestic student fee:
International student fee:
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to receive and store stock. It requires the ability to check and take delivery of stock, other than food, and to appropriately store, rotate and maintain the quality of stock items.
No licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements apply to this unit at the time of endorsement.
This unit has commonality with SITHCCC003B Receive and store kitchen supplies, which deals specifically with the receipt and storage of food items and related food safety issues. The control and ordering of stock levels is covered in SITXINV002A Control and order stock.
This unit describes a fundamental administrative function for the tourism and hospitality industries and applies to the full range of industry sectors and environments.
Stock control systems might be manual, but increasingly stock control is computerised. This unit covers any type of stock, other than food items.
The receipt and storage of stock is undertaken by frontline operational personnel who work under close supervision and guidance from others. They would be required to apply little discretion and judgement because they operate using predefined organisational procedures. They would report any stock-related discrepancies for the action of a higher level staff member.
- Audio/Visual equipment — The practical component of this unit is assessed within an industry standard operation suitable for the duties contained in this unit.
- Broadband access
- Other special requirement — This unit requires the completion of receiving and storing stock in an industry standard establishment. We are required to submit a logbook/timesheets verified by the manager of your participating establishment.
- Assessment — Complete all topic assessments (40%)
- Online Discussion — Post to Topic Discussions (30%)
- Performance assessment — Video Evidence (30%)
At the completion of this unit students will be able to:
- take delivery of stock
- store stock
- rotate and maintain stock.
This unit addresses the following topics.
|1||Analysing the problem|
|2||Purchasing Systems and Choosing Suppliers|
|3||Methods of Ordering and Creating Orders|
This unit is delivered using the following methods and materials:
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Discussion Forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Audio/Video - Streaming
- Online Assessment
- Printable format materials
- Resources and Links
Textbook information for this unit is currently being updated and will be available soon. Please check back regularly for updates. Alternatively, visit the Unibooks website and enter the unit details to search for available textbooks.
This unit is a core requirement in the following courses:
This unit may be eligible for credit towards other courses:
- Many undergraduate courses on offer through OUA include 'open elective' where any OUA unit can be credited to the course. You need to check the Award Requirements on the course page for the number of allowed open electives and any level limitations.
- In other cases, the content of this unit might be relevant to a course on offer through OUA or elsewhere. In order to receive credit for this unit in the course you will need to supply the provider institution with a copy of the Unit Profile in the approved format, which you can download here. Note that the Unit Profile is set at the start of the year, and if textbooks change this may not match the Unibooks textbook list.
Have a question? Give us a call.