BSBITU402A - Develop and Use Complex Spreadsheets 2013
Get your questions answered
- Is online study right for me?
- Why OUA?
- What should I study?
- How does it work?
- How do I enrol?
Discover what's involved in studying through OUA.Find out more
To enrol in this unit, you must be accepted into a course from the provider.
Read before you start
Level of study: What does Vocational Education, Training mean?
Vocational Education, Training
EFTSL: What does EFTSL mean?
Delivery Method: What does delivery method mean?
Government loans available:
VET FEE-HELP VET FEE-HELP
Domestic student fee:
International student fee:
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to use spreadsheet software to complete business tasks and to produce complex documents. The software used is Microsoft Excel 2010.
You cannot enrol in this unit if you have successfully completed any of the following unit(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
- BSBT065A — BSBITU402A - Develop and Use Complex Spreadsheets
At the completion of this unit students will be able to:
- prepare to develop spreadsheet
- develop a linked spreadsheet solution
- automate and standardise spreadsheet operation
- use spreadsheets
- represent numerical data in graphic form.
This unit addresses the following topics.
|1||Organise personal work environment in accordance with ergonomic requirements|
|2||Test formulae to confirm output meets task requirements|
|3||Format cells and use data attributes assigned with relative and/or absolute cell references, in accordance with the task specifications|
|4||Link spreadsheets in accordance with software procedures|
|5||Utilise spreadsheet design software functions and formulae to meet identified requirements|
|6||Apply work organisation strategies and energy and resource conservation techniques to plan work activities|
|7||Identify organisational and task requirements in relation to data entry, storage, output, reporting and presentation requirements|
|8||Analyse task and determine specifications for spreadsheets|
|9||Evaluate tasks to identify those where automation would increase efficiency|
|10||Create, use and edit macros to fulfil the requirements of the task and automate spreadsheet operation|
|11||Develop, edit and use templates to ensure consistency of design and layout for forms and reports, in accordance with organisational requirements|
|12||Enter, check and amend data in accordance with organisational and task requirements|
|13||Import and export data between compatible spreadsheets and adjust host documents, in accordance with software and system procedures|
|14||Use manuals, user documentation and online help to overcome problems with spreadsheet design and production|
|15||Preview, adjust and print spreadsheet in accordance with organisational and task requirements|
|16||Name and store spreadsheet in accordance with organisational requirements and exit the application without data loss or damage|
|17||Determine style of graph to meet specified requirements and manipulate spreadsheet data if necessary to suit graph requirements|
|18||Create graphs with labels and titles from numerical data contained in a spreadsheet file|
|19||Save, view and print graph within designated time lines|
This unit is delivered using the following methods and materials:
- Discussion Forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
Textbook information for this unit is currently being updated and will be available soon. Please check back regularly for updates. Alternatively, visit the Unibooks website and enter the unit details to search for available textbooks.
This unit is an approved elective in the following courses:
This unit may be eligible for credit towards other courses:
- Many undergraduate courses on offer through OUA include 'open elective' where any OUA unit can be credited to the course. You need to check the Award Requirements on the course page for the number of allowed open electives and any level limitations.
- In other cases, the content of this unit might be relevant to a course on offer through OUA or elsewhere. In order to receive credit for this unit in the course you will need to supply the provider institution with a copy of the Unit Profile in the approved format, which you can download here. Note that the Unit Profile is set at the start of the year, and if textbooks change this may not match the Unibooks textbook list.
Have a question? Give us a call.