SITHIND001B Develop and Update Hospitality Industry Knowledge
Get your questions answered
- Is online study right for me?
- Why OUA?
- What should I study?
- How does it work?
- How do I enrol?
Discover what's involved in studying through OUA.Find out more
Level of study: What does Vocational Education, Training mean?
Vocational Education, Training
EFTSL: What does EFTSL mean?
Delivery Method: What does delivery method mean?
Prerequisites: What are the prerequisites?
Availability: What is a Study period?For enrolment (2013): For forward planning* (2014): What is Forward Planning?
Government loans available:None
- Domestic student fee:
- $250.00 (AUD)
- International student fee:
- $500.00 (AUD)
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to develop and update current and emerging information on the hospitality industry, including industry structure, current technology and key environmental, community, legal and ethical issues that must be considered and applied by hospitality industry personnel in their day-to-day work. The unit focuses on the ability to source and comprehend general hospitality industry information and covers the initial and ongoing development of a person's required knowledge base. This information underpins effective performance in the hospitality industry. More specialised and advanced hospitality research and management knowledge is found in other units. No licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements apply to this unit at the time of endorsement.
At the completion of this unit students will be able to:
- source and apply general information on the structure and operation of the hospitality industry
- source and apply information on legal and ethical that impact on the hospitality industry
- source and apply information on hospitality industry technology
- update personal and organisational knowledge of the hospitality industry.
This unit addresses the following topics.
|1||Assessment Overview & Assessment|
|2||Where to find information|
|3||How to reference sources|
This unit is delivered using the following methods and materials:
- Online assignment submission
Textbook information for this unit is currently being updated and will be available soon. Please check back regularly for updates. Alternatively, visit the Unibooks website and enter the unit details to search for available textbooks.
This unit is a core requirement in the following courses:
This unit may be eligible for credit towards other courses:
- Many undergraduate courses on offer through OUA include 'open elective' where any OUA unit can be credited to the course. You need to check the Award Requirements on the course page for the number of allowed open electives and any level limitations.
- In other cases, the content of this unit might be relevant to a course on offer through OUA or elsewhere. In order to receive credit for this unit in the course you will need to supply the provider institution with a copy of the Unit Profile in the approved format, which you can download here. Note that the Unit Profile is set at the start of the year, and if textbooks change this may not match the Unibooks textbook list.
Have a question? Give us a call.