Not sure where to start?
- Is online study right for me?
- Why OUA?
- What should I study?
- How does it work?
- How do I enrol?
Discover what's involved in studying through OUA.Find out more
Level of study: What does Undergraduate Level 3 mean?
Undergraduate Level 3
EFTSL: What does EFTSL mean?
Delivery Method: What does delivery method mean?
Availability: What is a Study period?For enrolment (2012):
- Domestic student fee:
- $795.00 (AUD)
- HECS student fee:
- $706.00 (AUD)
- International student fee:
- $1,020.00 (AUD)
This is the final unit within the Internet Communications major and involves working to produce innovative online media content that both explores and embodies the emerging qualities of converging and participatory media. You will primarily be engaged in planning and executing a small team project throughout the entire unit, including critical reflections on the challenges and opportunities of collaborative work. You will also be required to critically situate and contextualise your learning in terms of the broader concepts and issues developed across all of your Internet Communications units.
Further Information: The list of topics is indicative, based on 2011; there may be minor variations in 2012.
You are recommended to have completed the following unit(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this unit:
- Assignment 1 — Project planning & development (10%)
- Assignment 2 — Collaborative reflection (10%)
- Assignment 3 — Online content creation (50%)
- Assignment 4 — Conceptual exegesis (30%)
At the completion of this unit students will be able to:
- plan for and develop web productions
- critically analyse the challenges and opportunities of collaborative work for web production
- create innovative web media products that explore and embody convergence and participation
- explore and analyse possible future developments in Internet Communications and web media.
This unit addresses the following topics.
|1||Introduction to Web Production|
|2||Teamwork: Roles and Timelines|
|3||Developing a Creative Brief|
|5||Narrative & Meaning|
|7||Open Source & Copyright|
|9||Reflection & Reflexivity|
This unit is delivered using the following methods and materials:
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Chat rooms
- Discussion Forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Standard Media
- Streaming Multimedia
- Web links
Print based materials
- Welcome Letter
- Audio/Video - Streaming
- Online Assessment
- Printable format materials
- Resources and Links
This unit is part of a major, minor, stream or specialisation in the following courses:
This unit may be eligible for credit towards other courses:
- Many undergraduate courses on offer through OUA include 'open elective' where any OUA unit can be credited to the course. You need to check the Award Requirements on the course page for the number of allowed open electives and any level limitations.
- In other cases, the content of this unit might be relevant to a course on offer through OUA or elsewhere. In order to receive credit for this unit in the course you will need to supply the provider institution with a copy of the Unit Profile in the approved format, which you can download here. Note that the Unit Profile is set at the start of the year, and if textbooks change this may not match the Unibooks textbook list.
Have a question? Give us a call.